“Honey, be ready for a surprise tonight.”
Imagine you get that message from your partner on a Friday when you are busy at work. You can no more focus on work but think what that surprise could be. That anticipation makes the evening a lot more interesting and maybe a little spicy.
How about you, too, doing something similar to your partner? That definitely enhances the romance quotient of your relationship. GuideQuotes.com tells you how to spice up your relationship in 23 different ways.
23 Ways To Spice Up Your Relationship
A surprise date night, a day at the spa, an exotic holiday, or a weekend camping are just a few things to make your relationship interesting. There are several other intimate and priceless things that can take your relationship to the next level. Even if you have been married for a good 20 years, your relationship need not become boring or get stagnant.
Here are some magical ways to make your relationship spicier:
- Prioritize your relationship: Don’t let your relationship take a backseat. Don’t make excuses for being busy, tired, or just not in the mood. Invest time in your relationship so that you never have to end up repairing or rebuilding it.
2. Take care of yourself: Only when you are healthy and feel good about yourself, can you take care of your partner. So, remember to eat right, stay fit, and sleep well. A healthy body results in a healthy mind and that clearly reflects in your relationship.
3. Spend quality time together: Date nights are good, but it’s more important to spend quality time without any intrusions or distractions. Whether you decide to get intimate, cozy, or just spend time talking, make sure it’s worthwhile.
4. Give your partner space and have your space: Being in a relationship doesn’t mean that you have to be with him or her 24/7. You are two separate individuals who need your space and freedom. So, hang out with your friends, pamper yourself at the spa, or just spend some time alone reading a book or watching TV. Let your partner do the same.
5. Make those small sacrifices: Small things such as stepping out of your comfort zone can help you a great deal in your relationship. For instance, your partner is an adventurous person who loves trekking, cycling, camping and walking in the woods but you like to stay at home having a heart-to-heart talk over dinner. For a change, join him in his adventure. He will be pleasantly surprised, and you too would be surprised to realize your potential.
6. Express your love often: He loves you, and you love him — that is known, so why express it often? It rekindles your love, and is a reassurance to your partner. No matter how long you have come in your relationship, don’t stop from expressing your love for your partner and do it as often as you can. It strengthens their trust in you.
7. Have gratitude: Gratitude makes you attractive. Be grateful for all the things that are working in your life and stop complaining about those which aren’t happening. Your life will improve, you will feel happy, and that makes you more attractive to your partner.
8. Make your hugs last longer: Hug as often as you can and make it last longer and watch how the magic unfolds. Here are a few facts about hugging: hugging increases the ‘love hormone’ (oxytocin) levels and reduces the negative effects of stress.
9. Argue less, listen more: As you are well into your relationship you tend to take it for granted, sometimes even giving a deaf ear to your partner. Make it a habit of listening actively and arguing less. By doing that you show that you respect and care for them.
10. Satisfy their ego: Compliment your spouse for the things you like in them. Tell them how good they look or how sweet they speak. It will not only boost their confidence but also make them love you more than ever.
11. Stay positive: All relationships have their ups and downs. But happy couples focus on being positive in spite of the unfavorable circumstances. They tend to look for the bright things without complaining about the negatives in their lives.
12. Discuss your goals and dreams: Your spouse is your ‘better half’ for a reason. So share your dreams, aspirations, and goals with them. You might get a better idea of your goals while talking to them. Similarly, listen to them when they share theirs. Do not dismiss their aspirations.
13. Make them feel special: If there’s a sure shot way to get your spouse’s love and attention, it is to make them feel special. Bake a cake for her, buy his favorite drink or give them a massage.
14. Dress up: Remember the way you would dress to impress your partner when you were dating? You would try to look your best when you were with them. Years must have passed, but you can still do that. Revamp your wardrobe, try a new hairstyle, and change your dressing style – watch the fireworks after that.
15. Physical touch: Whether it’s kissing, handholding, hugging, or cuddling, they are sure to steam up your relationship. So, include physical touch in your everyday routine.
16. Public display of affection: Some people like it and some don’t, but why bother about others? If your partner likes it, then go ahead and indulge in some PDA. Don’t worry too much about the undue public attention that you might get.
17. Set the stage: After a tired day at work, your partner needn’t hit the sack right away. You can set the stage with some aromatic candles, flowers, music, and some wine. Relive your early days of the relationship and enjoy the moments.
18. Nothing like a quickie: Whether it is just before you are heading to work or at your partner’s lunch break, just be up for a quickie. It can leave you with a great mood for the rest of the day.
19. Sex: This is an essential ingredient to spice up your relationship. Don’t let any excuses come in your way when it comes to having sex. If your partner is too tired, arouse them through a sensuous massage with essential oils, lit up the bedroom with aromatic candles or prepare an aphrodisiac dinner for them.
20. Write a love note: Writing letters may not be a ‘cool’ thing but writing a personal ‘love note’ for your spouse will take them by surprise. Go ahead and unleash the romantic side of you.
21. Empathize with your partner: If your spouse had a bad day and takes out his frustration on you, don’t retaliate immediately, calm down, get them a cup of coffee and empathize with them. Ask them what went wrong that day and try to bring them out of that mood.
22. Be independent: Apparently, when you display those shades of independence, your partner is likely to get attracted to you. So, go ahead and do what interests you, whether it’s a road trip or bungee jumping.
23. Have friends to rely on: Maintain a circle of friends with whom you can share your thoughts, happiness, and disappointments. Keep in touch with them so you can fall back upon them when needed.
Life becomes boring if you continue it to be static and follow a simple routine. Your relationship with your spouse, too, turns mundane, where sex is just another mechanical task and romance is non-existent. Simple efforts from your side will encourage your partner also to come up with ways to spice up the relationship. It makes life interesting.
What do you say? Let us know in the comment section below.